Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Can't keep up

Mama and Dad can't keep up with my new activities in this blog. Here are recent updates:

1. I can say, "go go" which means dog in Chinese. My babysitter, Mrs. Tran, reported to Dad that I'll say this and point to the calendar on her wall, which has a picture of a dog on it. Mom and Dad haven't tested this theory to see if I call Lucy a "go go."

2. I point to stuff and say, "whuh whuh," all the time. No one understands me yet.

3. Tabletops are no longer safe haven for things like Mama's glasses, PDA's, laptop computers, etc. I can reach and pull them down now. My parents (and their gadgets) are in trouble.

4. I like fitting and putting things into containers. Where I used to just chew on my stackable nesting cups, I now like to stuff them full of lego pieces, or nest them in one another. In my bath, I like to fill a container with water and pieces of the alphabet and then pour them all out. Then I repeat this over and over. I also have started to play with my shape sorter set, though someone has to point where I'm supposed to insert the shapes. But once I know where to put the shape, I can fit it in with a little help here and there.

5. I understand "no" better now, as well as "gentle." But...that heater vent in the hallway is just sooooo irresistable and tempting, I can't help but try to stick my fingers in there, even when I'm shaking my head, "no." I just can't help it.

6. A couple days ago, I was playing in the living room and Mom was in the kitchen around the corner. I guess I must've been silent for awhile, so she came to check on me. When she rounded the corner, I was just on the verge of figuring out how to open the cabinet door to get to the DVD/CD player. Based on the expression on Mom's face, I knew in an instant that this was not cool. Mom's a sucker for my charms, so I gave a BIG sheepish smile, crawled right over to her ankles, reached up, and when she picked me up, I squeezed her neck as hard as I could to give her a huge hug. She couldn't do anything but laugh. (Note to self: Remember this technique for future reference. Bwaaaahhh ha ha hahhh...)

7. I like to push my walker toy across the living room floor. When I hit the wall or corner, I scream until someone turns me and the walker around. Then I take off again. We can do this about 30 times in an evening.

8. I enjoy back massages from Dad at night after my bath. It calms me down and helps me relax.

9. I am learning the meaning of "together" and "apart." I can sometimes put together two mega block pieces (these are like Legos only bigger and chunkier), and I can always pull them apart.

10. My appetite is back. Last night I actually ate some zucchini and carrot pieces by myself while Dad and Mom had dinner. We try to eat together as a family every night.

No comments: