Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Quick updates

Mom and Dad took me to the pediatrician again yesterday, and here are my most recent stats:

Weight -- 26 lbs, 11 oz (75%)
Height -- 32" (75%)
Head Circumference -- 19.75" (>95%)

Again, the doc took my head measurements TWICE to make sure she wasn't seeing things. Then she looked at my mom and asked, "Well. That's a really big head. Do either of you have large heads?" Mom immediately pointed at Dad, silently wondering to herselve how Dr. Kaminker really could've missed the huge talking globe sitting to her left. She obviously was ignoring the 800-lb head in the room.

Last night while I was taking a bath, Mom and Dad asked me, "Devin, where is the A?" It took me a little while to shift my attention away from the tile grout, but then I pointed to the "A" letter of my bath-tub alphabet set. Both of them just went bonkers after that. I also said, "ah-ble" and pointed to the round red fruit pictured under the A, and they just totally flipped. I thought they were gonna lose it, so to avoid sending them totally over the edge, when they asked me about the letter C, I just blinked at them and went back to poking my fingers in the bath tub drain. I gotta dole it out to them slowly, you know.

So I guess they are going to try to wean me off my bottle soon (I heard them discussing this with the doc yesterday). Noooo! Not when I was just getting into the habit of dangling the bottle between my teeth while walking around the apartment.

1 comment:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a healthy kid to me! Big head, big brain! (My in-laws used to live in Phelan/Pinion Hills area until they moved up to Idaho!)