Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I'm EIGHT months old

Accomplishments this month:

1. I am now crawling forward, and can build up pretty good speed even though I'm dragging my belly on the carpet. By the time I've reached my destination I'm usually covered in dog fur.
2. I continue to drool a lot and I tricked my doctor into believing that my upper teeth were coming in. She said, "in the next day or two" -- that was three weeks ago, and still no teeth.
3. I sleep better at night when I've been at day care. When I'm home with Mom, I'm cranky in the afternoon and don't fall asleep easily at night. (What the hell is she doing to me?)
4. I eat finger foods. I can pick up little crackers. I'm 50% successful at getting a cracker into my mouth before it completely dissolves and turns to mush in my chubby grip.
5. I sneaked out of my room a few times when Mom turned her back - now Dad's installed a gate to keep me in my room. They have entered the world of child-proofing equipment.
6. I continue to meet other babies. Mom is looking for a Mommy and Me class to help me with manners, though. I met a baby three days younger than me; I crawled right up to him and gave him a head-butt.
7. I went to a sports bar and watched the Bruins-Gators NCAA championship game with Dad and his buddies. I had a beer. Mom's a Gator so we left her at home.
8. I like bubble baths.
9. I babble a lot when no one is listening.
10. I can drink water from a sippy cup, but most of it pours down my chin.

3 comments:

yucaree said...

did he really go to a sports bar with dad?? wow -- i wish JR would take maya and ian somewhere to watch sports and leave me at home!

so many accomplishments at 8 months. how quickly time flies, no? soon we'll be celebrating ONE YEAR of devin. can't wait!

Anonymous said...

GO GATORS! ^^;

Anonymous said...

Well, after the UW huskies were beaten by the UConn huskies, the default team to root for was the Gators... which is cool, 'cause we won!

I mourn for my huskies though...