Thursday, April 06, 2006

Mama's gettin' crafty

Mom made this taggy blanket for me. She spent about five hours cutting ribbons, deliberating on the fabric selection, measuring and cutting fabric, pinning, and sewing. I fell asleep that night before she was done with it, but when I woke up I found it in my crib next to me. I promptly ignored it.

I've got better things to do than play with the tags on this blanket, like gnawing on the wood of my crib like a little woodchuck, and figuring out how to bust out of the safety gate to my room like a wrongly imprisoned woodchuck. (Did you know a woodchuck is the same as a groundhog?)

Dad is modeling the blanket here, front and back. As you can see, he was pretty exhausted, too, after she made the blanket. He patiently pushed me in my stoller all around the fabric store while Mom turned the place upside down looking for something called "chenille." What the heck is that? She didn't know, either, but just knew it was soft...I'm not sure if she found it in the end, but she emerged from that chaos with something fuzzy.



Mom got the idea for the blanket (okay, okay, she simply copied it) from her friend, Yukari, who also gave us all that neat ribbon you see in the photos (thanks, Yukari!). Yukari's got a photo of her blanket on her blog, too. Maya loves hers!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What's with Davis' tongue? Is he not impressed with your work?

yucaree said...

cute fabric! it came out looking great!! nicely done, mom!

Jolynn Asato said...

Whoa...
You're talented, Allison, not only can you construct cribs with your teeth, but you're a skilled seamstress as well. I'm so impressed, even if Devin isn't right now. He will be, though, oh he will be.

I wish my mommy had skillful hands...

Anonymous said...

Your daddy looks strange. My daddy is better looking. -- Tomie