Sunday, August 21, 2005

Is that really my uncle?

Could someone who doesn't believe in the Lakers spirit, let alone in one particular player with my namesake, call himself my uncle?

Uncle Josh and Auntie Jo Lin came over to visit today (see pictures). When Uncle Josh read my blog, he and I didn't see eye-to-eye on something that cut to our understanding of some fundamental principles: he doesn't share in my belief that Devean George still has some potential on the team. OK, maybe he hasn't had displayed the brilliance everyone else expected from him...but he still has the chance to be the next stellar Laker role player.

I'm going to disregard the fact that Uncle Josh has cut me down before I've developed my mastery of my verbal skills. But I ask you one question: If you had a choice, would you rather have the name "Slava"? Huh, I didn't think so.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiddo,

Uncle Josh is sorry he got a little carried away and forgot that your verbal skills haven't developed yet (it's just that your written skills are so advanced for a baby). I will wait the extra year or so before you learn to talk before I tell you the hard truths again. So I will have to wait a little bit before I dog you out for spelling Auntie Jolynn's name wrong.

Stay strong kid,
Uncle Josh

Anonymous said...

Too Devean:

Yor meen Unkle Joush (meye Poppa) shoodent maek phun uv yor speling. Its knot niise.

Yor footure cuzin,
Baby-no-name

Anonymous said...

PS Deavan, u looke reel cayoot. Mebbe wee canne heng awt wen Im bourn.

-Baby-indeterminate-gender

Anonymous said...

Dear Devin,

This is Baby-To-Be-Named-Later Asato Ishimatsu again. As you can see, my spelling has vastly improved in the past week or so. I'm developing at a rapid pace. And what have you done for me lately? No calls, no updates on the blog, no response to my request to hang out... I'm thinking that Hikaru Lee Ebihara is seeming cooler and cooler. I wonder if he has a blog?

-B-T-B-N-L-A-I