Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Nine-month update

Here's what I've been up to this month:

1. I now have four bottom teeth, and little white spots showing on the top row. I continue to drool like a waterfall.
2. Just a few days ago (April 29) I pulled myself up to a standing position (see photo below). Later that night, Dad came to check on me to make sure I was sleeping, but he found me standing in my crib smiling in the dark. The next day, my crib mattress was lowered.
3. I haven't figured out how to sit back down, so when my legs get wobbly, I cry and wail until someone comes to help me.
4. I traveled to China for two weeks and saw Shanghai and Beijing. I rode planes, trains, taxis, and boats.
5. I now can say, "mama," and I say it whenever I want to see mom, or when I want food, or when I want to sleep, or when I want to play, or when I need my diaper changed. Mom says she's going to teach me new vocabulary words like "papa."
6. I scream in protest when anyone removes my toys.
7. I love to eat teething biscuits, rice cakes, tofu, avocado, and rice porridge.
8. I can sit by myself and eat in a highchair.
9. I am losing my cheeks (facial).
10. I have learned how to shake my head, "no!"

4 comments:

Jolynn Asato said...

Wow, what an accomplished baby!
But what can we do about those lost cheeks? My mommy always staples mine on my face so I don't lose em. (JUST KIDDING, don't call child protective services on us).

yucaree said...

i can't believe he can do all those things ... then again, i can't believe he's 9 months already!

it must be so sweet to hear him say "mama." that is, until that's all he says! "papa" would indeed be a great new word. ;)

i cannot wait to see him again -- it's just amazing how quickly they change and become little people.

Anonymous said...

Go Devon! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I meant Devin-- my other friend has a kid named Devon and I keep mixing up the spelling. ^^;;