Monday, May 08, 2006

Transportation Demand Modeling, Lesson I: Mode Choice in China

For those of you who aren't transportation planners (or who don't have a mom who is), the title of this blog entry simply means the modes I used for travel to, in, and from China:

BY PLANE:

Papa and me, enjoying the bulkhead seats


BY TRAIN:

Our spacious train car
Aboard the Z-train
from Shanghai to Beijing


BY SUBWAY:

Inside the subway station at Tiananmen Square


BY TAXI:

Pictured here with Uncle Eric and Papa
And notice: NO CARSEAT, WOW



BY PRIVATE AUTOMOBILE:

Hired car and...

My own!


BY STROLLER:

Looking around outside the Forbidden City


BY HUMAN:

Getting ready to hike to the Great Wall (pictured behind us)


BY BOAT:

Powerboat ride on the reservoir along the Great Wall

Stay tuned for my next posting, which will highlight the new friends I made while traveling in China...

1 comment:

yucaree said...

so so cool! what was devin's favorite mode of transportation? (gosh, haven't heard "modal choice" in awhile -- hee!)

you guys did so much; i'm really looking forward to hearing all about it.

did uncle eric have a good time too?